Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

Clonbinane Rural Fire Brigade - March 2018

Fire Danger Status

We have been fortunate that this fire season has not produced a lot of CFA turnout responses. Clonbinane CFA wish to acknowledge your vigilance and fire prevention work that you have carried out this season.

The cooler mornings indicate that autumn is approaching; however be aware that bushfires can still occur and spread quickly in the cooler months due to fuel load, wind and the low moisture content of that fuel . Always cut grass in the early morning when the moisture content is higher and temperatures are lower. Have water available close at hand to extinguish a fire if one starts.

If you are camping over the Labour Day Long Weekend or Easter and have a fire, you must have an area cleared in at least 3 metres in all directions and have water available to extinguish a fire. Check CFA and DELWP websites for further details.

Fund Raising

We need contributions to run our community based rural fire brigade.

Your generosity will be much appreciated. Please forward donations to the Clonbinane Rural Fire Brigade- Attention to our Treasurer Sam Bujega.

Brigade Activity

The brigade in conjunction with Sunday Creek Dry Creek Landcare group are conducting a Clean-up Australia Day Exercise. Sunday 4th March with registration at 9:45am, we plan to finish by lunchtime.

The target area is again Spur Road. We are only able to clean up on shire roads and not VicRoads controlled roads. All participants over 18 are welcome.

Autumn Safety Hints

  •  Check your chimney or flue prior to autumn wood heating
  •  Check your smoke alarms

When was the last time you conducted an electrical safety check inside your home and shed? Power-boards, extension leads, electric blankets and power cords etc.

Please contact the brigade if you require any information or check out the CFA website


Ross Hibbert- Captain